Yoga is not only about exercises that will take care of your figure. Its uniqueness lies in its positive impact on every area of life. Practicing Namaste brings with it so many advantages.
10 reasons why you should practice yoga:
- Reduces Stress: Yoga practice has been shown to combat its physical effects on the body. It reduces the levels of cortisol, the stress hormone that the body produces when we are nervous. Most of the classes end with a relaxing savasana position, during which you will get rid of the tension in your body by lying loosely on your back.
- Supports digestion: exercised regularly accelerates the metabolism and improves the relationship between you and your body. Your body will start telling you which food is suitable and healthy for you and which it would prefer to give up.
- Heals Ailments: Scientific research shows that practicing asanas in combination with meditation can reduce pain in people with cancer, multiple sclerosis, autoimmune diseases and high blood pressure, as well as arthritis, back pain, neck pain, and other chronic conditions.
- Improves circulation: during exercise, the blood oxygenates and travels efficiently to the cells in your body. Even gentle yoga practice can have cardiovascular benefits by lowering your resting heart rate.
- Improves breathing: deep, guttural breathing called paranayama improves lung function and is a remedy for stress - it brings you into a state of deep relaxation. By changing your breathing pattern, you will significantly influence how your body reacts in times of nervousness. You will be able to calm down and control your emotions.
- Provides flexibility: practicing yoga will awaken every possible part of your body to life. Increases range of motion and adds strength from head to toe. It lengthens tendons, ligaments and muscles, especially the deep ones, which are not fully used on a daily basis. By exercising regularly, you will feel a pleasant relaxation instead of tension.
- Helps you lose weight: Yoga forces your muscles to exercise, so you burn fat faster. It has a positive effect on self-perception, treats the body as a whole and teaches you to pay attention to responsible eating. The combination of exercises that make you happy and a diet that is positive for the body will make you get the results you want.
- Increases immunity: a body that is oxygenated and stretched due to its good condition falls less often (or not at all!). Yoga is also a natural therapy to help treat rheumatism.
- Cleanses of toxins: environmental pollutants and chemicals in food contribute to poisoning the body. Yoga is a great way to detox - during exercise, when we stimulate our metabolism, toxins are removed from internal organs faster.
- Opens your eyes: Your mat will become a mirror for you, in which you will see yourself as you really are. By striving to communicate your mind with your body, you will see your good sides and things that can be changed for the better. Yoga allows you to find yourself in the present moment. It teaches patience and pursuit of goals.
I encourage you to start this beautiful activities. Our yoga boxes will make it easy!
Try Yoga Box if you just starting or Namaste. Box for regular Yogis.